Saturday, July 4, 2009

Myth #1

Its okay if I have a blemish or ten - I can just cover them up with makeup! AKA cake it on to make it seem like it's not there... (Even though the cake-y-ness just draws SO much attention!)


Um, no. Granted, if you are in a bind - of course you want to cover your blemish. Consider the color wheel and what colors will cancel each other out. An example would be: a red pimple. The opposite of red on the color wheel is green, which will cancel out the red and cover it up! You put that on under any concealer, foundation or powder and it beats layering on more concealer or powder.

With today's resources, there are so many things that can be done with problematic skin. My first advice to anyone would be to seek the attention of a medical professional, i.e. the dermatologist. They have medications, creams, many things to help you if your breakouts are a big problem for you.

I personally feel that above any makeup brand or type of makeup, skin care is the more important regime and should be taken as serious as brushing and flossing your teeth. If you don't care about those things then you will reap what you sewed in another decade or two, maybe less. So not the business! I don't know about you, but I want clear skin and white teeth!! Anyway, get on a good skin care regime - look into products and consider a line that will meet your skin type needs. It is worth buying good skin care products over a pair of shoes. Your shoes will go out of style next season, when does your face go out of style? Nevaa!!

Makeup is to beautify and make a person look their best – make the best of your time, money and most of all SELF-ESTEEM!

And that comes from my heart – I don’t ever offer up my secrets of products without ensuring a client understands how important skin care is.

Something to leave you with: my mom always said this quote to me and it is the truth! She is a living testimony of how beneficial skin care can be. Here is the quote:
At 20 you have the skin you were born with.
At 30 you have the skin you are working with.
At 40 you have the skin you deserve.

xoxoxo mikena

0 comments: