Friday, July 24, 2009

Product Review - Model in a Bottle

So, it's been awhile for me on here... because I just got married!! Yay! =]

I looked high and low for a makeup artist that was 1. good and 2. would travel to my venue to do my makeup on my wedding day. The theater that we got married at was where most of the bridal party got ready for the ceremony/reception. After searching high and low... under and over... I found ... dun dun dun: nothing.

Yeah, no traveling makeup artists in my area; that’s good for me because that is what I do!

Anyway, I decided to go ahead and do my own makeup, since I do know what I want and I know how to do it. It would have been fun for additional pampering but hey! I have some really good HD makeup, and it did the job for the day. I finished off my look with Model in a Bottle that I purchased at the Pasadena IMAT show in June. I use this stuff all the time when I put on makeup, so I knew it would help.

Here is what I didn’t know:

- It lasts all day – and all night. It gave me sealed coverage from 11am until 1am. I still looked flawless as we went to my hotel room.

- No touch-ups were needed. We had to go up and down the stairs, my venue had poor air conditioning, we had to walk a few blocks to the park where we took pictures, and I got my boogie on at the reception… still, no touch ups needed.

The only bad thing is that it stings a little bit when you spray it on, if you have any open blemishes or anything like that. I had to warn my bridesmaids before I sprayed it – thank goodness I first learned of this sting on my sister. =] Thankfully, the scent of Model in a Bottle is fantastic; a very fresh and pleasing fragrance. Even the girls with sensitive skin could use it without a breakout.

I now swear by Model in a Bottle. It is an excellent little investment that I will use until I find something better!

xoxox mikena =]

0 comments: